Bookings just before an appointment

Hello! Is there a time frame for people to make a booking? Can people book until last minute?

I am asking because in my last couple of classes I had students that could not make their bookings and I only found out after the class or they contacted me the next day.
The first person was trying to make a booking 5 minutes before the class was due to start, and for what she described I assumed it was her internet being slow. But the second person was trying to make his booking 15 min before the class was due to start and said it didnā€™t go through.

Anyone else had this experience?

thanks!

Hi Montse,

You can configure this: how close to the appointment a person can book. If you select ā€˜settingsā€™ -> ā€˜calendar settingsā€™ from the main menu and scroll down, youā€™ll see a setting: ā€˜users cannot book less than X daysā€¦ before the appointmentā€™. You can set days and hours to zero so that your students can book right up to the appointment.

Hopefully Iā€™m understanding the question!

Yep, you understood the question. And yep, Iā€™ve already got that to zero.
So must have been something else. Hmmmā€¦ Iā€™ll keep an eye in the next few appointments to see if anyone else has a problem getting a booking (both people were already into the system) - or most probably, they did something wrong! haha

Thanks a lot James
Montse

1 Like

Iā€™m not a techy person and I know when something goes wrong itā€™s hard to know whether it is genuinely the booker. Iā€™ve sent out the block emails to classes and one person has insisted that she didnā€™t get it even though all other class members did.

Hi Andrea,

With emails there are many reasons that they might not get through for a specific person - unrelated to Smoothbook. For example many email clients aggressively block spam and occasionally emails from Smoothbook get blocked like this. If emails are not getting through, this is one of the first things to ask your students to check - that the email is not in their spam folder.

If you go to the dashboard, click on ā€˜view / message classā€™ for your class and then click on the ā€˜email classā€™ button at the bottom of the panel. This will enable you to send emails to your class from your personal email client and account - i.e. nothing to do with Smoothbook.

If students are still reporting that they are not receiving emails, please send me a message: [email protected] with the email address in question and Iā€™ll track down whatā€™s happening in the logs.

Thanks.

I noticed that when I get an email notification for an appointment that has been booked, flags up in Orange all over my screen Warningā€¦ Is this safe or us it Spam as someone else has used my emailā€¦ Its so annoying as it happens with every bookingā€¦ Does anyone else get this?

wow, thatā€™s strange (and annoying, yes).
I just get a normal email. Maybe something in your email provider settings? no idea.

Itā€™s a strange one Michele, and not one I can easily debug. I have not seen this issue myself.

We use a third party provider to deliver emails, Iā€™ll see if they can provide more information.

I get that as well. Iā€™ve got used to it and ignore it. I think itā€™s Google trying to warn me the message isnā€™t safe. ā€œThe message claims to have been sent from your account, but Gmail couldnā€™t verify the actual source.ā€ I donā€™t know that I can change anything to prevent it.

Ok thanks for letting me know, this is not good! Iā€™ll mark this for investigation.

well I donā€™t know if you did something or Google did something but I was also seeing these warnings in gmail but theyā€™ve gone away :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like