Cancelling the class due to illness

Hi,

I’m ill and i may need to cancel a class. I have people booked on it. How do I cancel it?

Hi @Julie_D,

As this is an unplanned cancellation, it would be best to bulk cancel your customer’s bookings in the ‘manage appointments’ section. Doing it this way will make sure your customers receive an email notifying them of the cancellation.

Select ‘appointments’ -> ‘manage appointments’ from the main menu and find the date / time of your class. Then click on the magnifying glass or person icon to bring up the class list. Click on all of the attendees and select delete to cancel their appointments and send out the class cancellation emails.

p.s. if you’d like to send a more personal email before cancelling you can email the class from the dashboard: find the class and click on the ‘email class’ link.

Hope you get better soon!

1 Like

thanks for your help

Thanks that worked. I student has asked me, will the fee from the class transfer over if i book another session?

Hi @Julie_D,

The system does not process refunds if they paid cash for single appointments - sorry - but it will credit the student’s package / class pass if that was how they paid. If you have multiple people who paid cash it should be fairly straightforward to refund them through your Stripe account or, if you prefer, it would be pretty straightforward to create a temporary package and award that to your students with the correct number of appointments so they can book new appointments without paying.

Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

Thanks.

I now have a student saying that they are trying to book a class using their 4 class pass package and it says that they have no credit. After i cancelled the class last week, they should have one credit left.

I’m not sure what to do.

Hi @Julie_D,

Select ‘customers’ from the main menu and search on the customer to bring up their page. You’ll see a section ‘packages’ if you scroll down. If you click on ‘history’ for the package you’ll see the entire history of the package: appointments booked, credits, refunds, etc. Have a look at that and if there are any discrepancies please let me know at [email protected] asap.

Thanks!

Thanks, I’ve Just emailed you.