Change the time on appointments

I have a service which is 30 mins and I want to be able to change it to 45 mins and 15 min interval. When I try to do this it says I cant as I have people booked in on those appointments. Is it possible to change appointment time going forward for the future ones where there are no people booked in yet?

You can change it if you make a note of the people who have booked, cancel them. Make the changes and then add them back on. Or as you say go to the first date when no one has booked.

1 Like

Hi there,

The issue is that future appointments become ‘orphaned’ if you change the start / end time. It’s a bit of a pain - sorry - but what you need to do is create a temporary shift and move the appointments that are causing problems to the temporary shift. Then you can update the existing shift and move the appointments back.

Hope that helps!

Thankyou for your help. I created a new session with a new name :grinning:

Hi again,

I also want to make a change to an existing class but have students booked in already in the future. I’ve created a new shift at the new time I want but now need to know how to move the clients who are already booked in the future at the old time, to the new time. I presume I can then delete the shift at the time I no longer want once all students are now longer linked to it? Please can you advise where I would find out how to do this? I can’t seem to do it from the class info page so a bit stumped. Thanks again, Jo

Hi Jo,

That’s correct: create the new shift; move existing appointments over, delete the old shift.

You can bulk move appointments by selecting ‘appointments’ -> 'manage appointments’from the main menu. Find your date and time, clock on the magnifying glass icon to show your attendees and there’s an option next to each to move / delete them.

Hope that helps!

Marvellous thanks James! Think the tip is not to let people book too far in advance :laughing:

1 Like