Class history has been deleted

Hi

When I logged into my booking system today, for some reason the attendees for all previous Thursdays have been deleted. I don’t understand how this has happened. All class history for other days of the week are still showing. This might be a glitch in the system but can anyone shed any light on this as it worries me that appointments are being deleted.

Many thanks

Monica

This may be one for James

You haven’t deleted Thursdays class have you?

Hi Andrea

Yes I cancelled class on Thursday 16 July. I didn’t think it would clear out past history though.

Hi James

Can you help with this query. I’ve how added Thursday 16 July back in and simply put all spaces as taken but the history for all previous Thursdays is still not showing up.

Hi Monica,

If I’m understanding correctly, you won’t be able to see your post attendees for that class through the manage bookings interface. However your appointments are never deleted, you should be able to see them either in the individual customer appointment history or if you select ‘appointments’ -> ‘view / export appointments’ you will be able to see them there.

Hope that helps.

Hi James

I understand I can see previous history in that way however I also cancelled class on Monday 20 July but I can still see previous Monday history so not sure why it has deleted it for the Thursday.

This is a strange one. The system will not allow you to delete a shift if it has future appointments but allows it if there are only past appointments as these can still be retrieved in reports, etc. - it’s the Monday class that has the incorrect behaviour. I will look into this.

Hi James

It is fine but I’d prefer the past history to be still there. I think next time I want a day off I’ll just fill all spaces so no one can book!

Thanks

Monica

Hi Monica,

You can schedule resources / services or the entire organisation off on given days; you can block off individual timeslots if that’s what you need to do. It’s not really recommended to delete shifts unless that’s really what you need to do. If you need to do this in the future hopefully you don’t mind me referring you to the help section on making things unavailable to book: https://help.smoothbook.co/section/scheduling/

Hope that helps!

Thank you James I will check out that link in future

1 Like

Hi Monica

Wondered if I can check out your front end for this system? Am thinking about using it myself but would like some reviews of current users …thx
Lisa

Hi Lisa

This is the first time I have used a system like this but after doing my research I went ahead with this as it seemed to do everything that I need a booking system to do and I think I was right in that decision. It is straightforward to set up and my students tell me it is easy for them to use (even for my students in their 70s who hate technology!). James is really helpful when I have had queries and the forum he has set up is a great idea as we can share solutions.

I hope that helps you Lisa.

Monica

1 Like