Client able to book onto class without paying

Hi James I found out a few days ago that one of my yoga bookings hadn’t paid for the class but she was listed on my register and I received a booking email from smoothbook saying she was booked on.
I logged into stripe and there was no record of her even making a transaction on that day, I wouldn’t have known if she hadn’t been honest and told me.
She said she had gone through the booking process as normal and input her bank details but hadn’t received a receipt and no money had left her bank, from my end it all looked legit.
I checked the register after she told me and when I checked the payment method it said No Payment, how is this able to happen??
Any advice?

Hi Emma, thanks for your message.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, these forums are not actively supported. Please could you contact me at [email protected] and I will look further into this issue.

Thanks, James

Hi , please can you help me , I’ve emailed 3 times , there’s no reply to on line chat. I’m losing money left right and centre as clients are able to book and not pay.
This has happened multiple times . I’m having to check every single transaction.

Please reply …
Thanks , Sarah Blenkhorn, Yoga North

@sarah_b it’s happened to me and another teacher quite a few times since I started this thread in December, I’ve had to start checking payment info for each register and then deal with the people who have No Payment listed as soon as I spot them, it’s a drag and I really don’t like chasing people up for money when it’s not their fault

I have been having this problem for over 6 months and keep getting bushed off. My revenue in November was down by half…I would have thought this would now be a matter of urgency. Its still happening and I only found out by honest clients. Also emails for cancellation sent to my waiting list are arriving after the date. Just recently it is double booking clients but only taking one payment, this means that those of the wait list miss out on a place and I miss out on revenue.
Whats going on!!!
I am now looking into options of moving which is sad as I like the site and so did my customers.

It’s still happening regularly to me and the other teacher I know who uses this system. The last few days it’s happened a lot to us both, I’m looking at moving to another booking system as well which is a shame as I don’t have any other problems with smoothbook.

Yes happening to me too.

Yes it is happening to me as well, but also happening when people go to pay for a block of classes and book in, when i check the booking it looks ok but when i go into the customers account the class is not taken from their account… So i now have to manually minus classes from nearly everyone that books in… It is very time consuming and lost money due to not noticing the error sooner…