Coupons for appointments

Hi, is there an option to have a coupon discount via Stripe or any other way? Just looking at integrating payments but at the moment I am having to have a separate wordpress plugin to do the job - ideally would like the option for a user to select a class and then be able to add a discount code to get x off the total price. Is there a way of doing this? I’m new to Stripe too as previously only used Paypal so I may not have that set up properly yet.

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,

Yes you can do this through Smoothbook. Select ‘settings’ -> ‘charging’ from the main menu, you will need to connect your Stripe account before you continue.

Scroll down to the ‘packages’ section. Basically you’re going to add a package for your service / class with the discounted price. Once you’ve created the package with any options that you like click ‘save’ to return to the charging page. You will see a column in your list of packages: coupons, you want to click on the ‘manage coupons’ link for the package. There you can one or as many coupon codes as you like and then send these to whoever you like.

Keep in mind that if you create a payment option for a service then your users will have to choose at least one option: your service will only be available to people with the code. If you would like others to be able to buy the service for different prices or with / without a coupon you will need to add other payment options (you can create a package with zero cost if you’d like an option where people don’t need to pay.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the quick and thorough reply. I’m just trying to make this work. Is there a way of not showing the ‘packages’ to people? When I create packages and apply them to a class the ‘cost’ button appears and shows all the packages

I guess I don’t want people seeing there is a FREE option but only to apply a coupon code to the ‘class’ when booking that would be 100% (or 50% for certain people) but for these not to show to other people.

I love the package idea and it’s given me some ideas for creating proper packages I am just wondering packages would work as above?

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,

Sorry but any payment options you create for a class will be visible to anyone who attempts to book. Just my opinion but it’s not unusual or unreasonable to offer a free or discounted trial class: you know your students but I don’t think people would really mind that.

I understand what you’re trying to do, there have been a few requests for ways to limit visibility of the calendar to certain people, etc. I will have a think about whether there are ways of doing this!

Thanks, James

I think I have a work around by creating a '‘Gift Voucher package’ where users will be given a discount code for no cost. A standard ‘voucher code’ feature would be ace - to set voucher codes as a % or full amount off the class / package. The reason I don’t want to show the ‘price’ to some is that I want to give a discount to certain members but I don’t want everyone to see this discounted price (so they don’t know they are paying more than others). I think that’s my logic behind it. Got the free trial class working though that works really well - thanks for the explanation as I didn’t quite understand it before.

Ah I see what you’re saying - this is brilliant. I had not heard of this before! There’s really (really) a lot of development work on at the moment so I can’t make any promises as to when this will be released but this will definitely be on the roadmap.

Thanks very much for your input.

1 Like