Different email received than sent

Hi a bit of a strange one.
I have booked people into appointments as usual and received copies of their email invitations as usual.
Strangely one person has received something odd instead, I think this has happened a couple of times.
They receive a message “meta httpequ” but no link or message for the appointment. My copy of the emails sent the them is the normal email with the zoom link as usual.
It doesnt appear to be affecting anybody elses.
Any ideas?

Hi @Stephen_E,

Ok that’s a weird one, haven’t heard of that before!

If this happens again could you ask the customer / student to forward the email to you (and then to me) as well as their email address. That way I can track down what’s happening in the email logs.

Thanks, James

Hi James
I’ve had another client say they’ve received the wrong email message too. They use a iPad too, it appears apple change the emails to an i calendar booking?
Stephen

As far as I can tell this is an issue with the (Apple) email client. That’s not to shift the blame but this happens very rarely: as far as I know this has happened twice and Smoothbook sends out around 10,000 emails / day. I think the best thing would be to monitor this for the moment, please let me know if you encounter this error again: if it does please could you send the email address that is experiencing the issue to [email protected] and I’ll try to track down what’s happening in the logs.

Thanks, James