Maximum number of Appointments

Hi, my clients are getting occasional errors which stop them booking in to their classes. The error says “You have exceeded the maximum number of appointments you can make. Click here to reset the timer”, or words to that affect. When they click the reset button it makes no difference and they still can’t make further bookings? Is this a configured parameter somewhere? Many thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

When you create a shift you will be prompted for the maximum number of attendees as well as the number of times that a single person can book a single timeslot (so if they can book on behalf of children / other people, etc.)

Your users will be shown the message they’re seeing if they’ve already reached the limit for the number of times they can book a timeslot if that makes sense? If you’d like to change this limit you can do so by selecting ‘scheduling’ -> ‘weekly scheduling’ from the main menu and clicking the ‘edit’ button underneath the shift.

Hope that makes sense!

I think some of them must be double-clicking somehow. Their experience is that they are thinking that they are booking on for the first time. They get this error message and they think that they haven’t booked. When I check on the dashboard it shows that they have. It only seems to be an experience that users on phones get. It is generally people who aren’t great with technology so I’m guessing that somehow they are clicking twice. Thanks for your help.

No worries Andy.

The user experience on the booking calendar is one of the hardest parts of the project: there’s just a great deal of information to get across on a mobile phone (80% of bookings are made via mobile). It’s something we’ll continue to work on!

I have a few students struggling to book too. I checked and the class is not full, and they have credit of 3 classes… Not sure why they keep getting problems.

Guys if you’re having issues like this, it’s super helpful to me to know:

• The problem: e.g. student told they were not allowed to book when they should be allowed
  • Any messages / error messages - what is the system saying?
  • The email address of the student in question so I can investigate. Please don’t post email addresses on this (public) forum, please send a very brief email with the email address to [email protected]

It’s very difficult for me to look into problems without some detail about what’s happening.

Thanks very much.

Hi James
Did you get an email from me about this very subject except mine is about someone who has paid for membership and cannot book even though her membership is still valid. No can I book for her. I will resend incase I sent to the wrong email
Thanks