Meetings appearing and then going

I am adding a screen shot if I can

\you will see a meeting with 6 people booked at 3pm today. That is a bogus meeting and doesn’t exist. When I go into smoothbook there is no such meeting. I have obviously been going in and out to see what’s going on and occasionally it doesn’t show but then it comes up again. I have no idea where it has come from and no one has phoned to say they have tried or cannot get the log in details.
Thanks Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Smoothbook will create the meeting in Zoom the first time that you or one of your customers books a timeslot. But Smoothbook doesn’t delete Zoom meetings or manage registrants: if all the students in a class in Smoothbook cancel or are otherwise removed from a class, the meeting will still remain in Zoom. In terms of who is actually attending your class you should rely on Smoothbook.

Hope that makes sense,

James

It was never a class on Smoothbook. It just appeared on zoom which is nothing to do with you really. I just thought others might have experienced something similar.

Today 3 classes were badly disrupted by cutting out and freezing. One of the participants said it had been like that for them at work as well. two classes went smoothly. Again nothing to do with smoothbook I just wondering if anyone else experiencing same. Is zoom being overstretched?

Hi Andrea,
Yeah, it seems that Zoom has been ‘a bit’ overstretched (understatement of the year). I has gone from 10 million users in Dec 2019 to 300 million in April 2020. Crazy, right?

In terms of stability, I had a few problems at the beginning but now it seems to run smoothly (fingers crossed). Paid subscriptions are more stable than non-paid and better bandwidth I guess, definitely better video quality.
Also, consider shutting down any other app you might have open in your computer, it likes to play alone.
Good luck!!!

1 Like