Modified membership

Hi, me thinking out loud again. Can’t say this one sounds easy to implement!

So, I’d like to offer memberships, but monthly ones won’t really cut it.

Ideally I’d want to go with school half terms, so the number of weeks will vary each time.

But then it wouldn’t be a rolling membership, but rather they would need to pay for each block since they would vary in length.

Hang on, can I do this using a package? Back to exploring (and sorry for the rant, will leave it here in case it helps anyone!)

Hi Cristina,

Rant away!

Not sure if it helps but you can set the billing cycle of the membership in months: so if the term was four months your customers would only be charged once every four months. This would be the most flexible option depending on what you need to do: you can award people multiple packages with their membership or unlimited access to a set of services, etc. With a membership people will be charged repeatedly until they or you cancel so that might not be ideal.

But yes, if it’s a relatively simple requirement of letting people book a class or classes throughout the term then creating a package is probably the easiest. You can set the expiry to the end of term and they just buy once, if you want people to have unlimited access to a service you can set the number of appointments that come with the package arbitrarily high.

Hope that makes sense!