Moving over to integrated zoom

Brillliant - so much easier. One question if, before integrating, there were people booked on classes would the system send log in details out to those people?

I had the same question, thanks for asking. But I guess, you could always manually sign those people again for the class.

Thanks Yes I’ve just been trying cancelling a couple of them and then rebooking them onto the class and they are not getting the log ins. Are they meant to be going out upon boking or are they going out as a group. Just trying to double check that I have set it up correctly and avoid a deluge of requests for booking info just before the class. I’ve just tried to set up a dummy account for myself and it has not sent me anything

Hi guys,

It’s a good question!

How the Zoom integration works: the Zoom meeting is created the first time that someone books that class (and then the people that subsequently join receive the joining link in their confirmation email (and can also see it if they view ‘my appointments’ in the booking calendar.))

So for classes that already have bookings but did not originally have Zoom configured (but do now):

• A zoom meeting will not be created for that class until someone new books the class.
    • You can do this yourself by adding someone through the ‘manage bookings’ interface - even if it’s just a dummy booking.
  • Any bookings coming after the Zoom meeting has been created will receive confirmation emails with Zoom link correctly.
  • Everyone will receive reminder emails with the correct joining link for the class.

I guess there will be a (hopefully short) period of transition as your classes go from ‘some places were booked pre-Zoom’ to everyone has booked a zoom class. The key as ever is communication: if it were me I’d just email to make sure that everyone has the correct link before the class.

Hopefully that makes sense!

It makes perfect sense.

I did a test in a class that already had bookings and yes, as soon as a new booking came in, a zoom link was created and emailed to that people. But then, since the original booker was a friend, I deleted her booking and manually booked her back in… and discovered that apparently when you add someone manually they don’t get the Zoom links. Neither in the confirmation email, nor in the reminder email. I’ve just tested it again using another email of mine. And I just get the old confirmation and reminder, without the links.

Just saying.
Montse

1 Like

They (and you) should get the zoom link, etc. when you book them in manually, I’ll check on that.

Yes I’ve found that too. I deleted three people from a class and then added them from the control and they didn’t go to zoom.

Just a follow on from above. Someone has got in touch and told me they haven’t had an acknowledgement or logging on details for the classes they booked yesterday one was a booking for today and 2 for tomorrow. Any idea when the emails are meant to go out i.e. straight after they booked or just before the class and do who do they say they are from - just thinking about junk mail filters.

I’ve also found that a class that is due to run at tea time today and has people booked on it is not listed on zoom but others for the following days are.

Hi Andrea,

The class needs to be booked once after your system and the service has been configured for Zoom (you can do this yourself in the ‘manage appointments’ section). This will create the meeting in Zoom and any appointments made for that class after that point will receive the join link in their confirmation email (they can also see the join link by selecting ‘my appointments’ from the menu in the booking calendar.

Your students will also receive the join link in their reminder emails regardless of when they signed up.

Hope that makes sense!

It doesn’t seem to be happening unless I am doing something wrong. Today there was a meditation class with people booked on it but it didn’t show up on zoom and I had to put it on and send out the invites. We seem to be okay then until thurs. The first class is listed then the following meditation is not both classes have bookings on zoom. Friday we have a lot of people booked on the evening Yin class and that is not showing on zoom. Sat the yoga is showing but on zoom but the deep relaxation following on from it is not. It then goes to the Sunday class.
I am getting very confused. Is it me.

Hi Andrea,

Please could you send a message to [email protected]. This is so I can get your email address so that I can investigate what’s happening with your account.

Thanks!

Hi James,

I seem to be having similar issues I will wait and see what reply we get. I do like the forum it is very helpful.

Welcome Ian!

I’m investigating this issue and will get back to you.

Thanks, James

Hi James and all,

Definitely, it seems that manual bookings don’t get the Zoom link.
I’ve done another manual booking today and no zoom link was attached to their email (or the one I receive one someone books). It was for a class where other people had been signing with now problem regarding links, so it seems to affect only manual bookings.

Thanks a lot!!
Montse

Ok thanks for letting me know Montse. This has been marked as a priority issue.

Thanks, James

3 Likes

Hi It’s not the case for me. It seems to be random that some people seem to get the booking information and others don’t. I think I will send a duplicate out for the time being just before the class.

Sorry guys there was an issue here that has now been fixed. It will take a day or two for testing before this released, I hope to have this in production in the next day or two. Sorry for any inconvenience!

All seems good now
I think everyone is getting correct log ins etc. Just a small blip for a great convenience - thanks james

1 Like

Quick update: the fix for the issue with creating zoom meetings from the manage appointments page has now been released to live, please let me know asap if you have any other issues with this.

Thanks, James