Scheduling appointments with a break

Hi James,

First of all, thank you so much for creating this system! It’s made my life so much easier.

I am having trouble with trying to schedule a shift with multiple appointments with breaks in between. If I leave it at ‘0 minutes’ break then it will show multiple appointments, however, as soon as I add in any break time between appointments it only shows the first one. Is this meant to happen or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :pray::blush:

Hi @Charlie_G,

Thanks very much for the kind words - always appreciated!

It sounds like your shift is only as long as the timeslot - if that makes sense? If you make your shift longer that should solve this issue.

The shift comprises as many timeslots as will fit into it. So if the shift is 8am - 12pm (four hours) and the timeslot is one hour long then the system will automatically create four timeslots for the one shift. (8am - 9am, 9am - 10am etc.)

The same applies if you specify a break / gap between timeslots - the system will only create as many timeslots as can fit in the shift. So in the example above if there was a half hour break between timeslots then only three timeslots would be created in the shift (8am - 9am, 9.30am - 10.30am, 11am - 12pm)

Hope that makes sense!

This is the part I seem to be having trouble with, no matter how long the shift is if I add breaks I only ever get one appointment appear. When there are no breaks it works perfectly but as soon as I add in even a 5 min break it only seems to register the first appointment?

Hi @Charlie_G,

I had a quick look at your setup and everything looks ok to me.

Are you sure the break you’re adding is in minutes? When you add the break you’re given the option of adding hours (the first dropdown) as well as minutes. Could you make sure you’re only adding 5 minutes (not hours). Sorry for the runaround!

:flushed: That’s exactly what was wrong, I was adding in 15 hour breaks :woman_facepalming:

Thank you!

1 Like