Smoothbook updates: new reporting page, better customer credit management, calendar visibility updates

Hi guys,

As always I hope everyone’s doing ok. I appreciate that many people are still struggling but based on the number of people booking appointments, people are heading back to the fitness, pilates and yoga studios in droves - certainly in the UK. I said it before but there is reason for optimism here!

The latest version of Smoothbook has been rolled out with mainly updates and fixes but also pretty much a complete re-vamp of the reporting page.

Customer package expiry is now editable

A few people asked for this and it makes sense: if there’s an expiry date on a customer package then it’s now editable. So this will help to account for days closed / public holidays, etc. You can edit a customer’s package by selecting ‘customers’ from main menu, searching and selecting the customer and scrolling to the ‘packages’ section on the customer page.

New reporting page

This has been updated to make it much easier to view / filter and export your appointments, as well as selecting the data you’d like to see with them. So you can select any / all of the information associated with an appointment including payment information, comments, registration + booking form info, etc.

It’s much easier to export this information, in particular to CSV format: you can import any appointment data you like into MS Excel for example to run reports on payment information, appointments per instructor, etc.

Just select ‘appointments’ -> ‘manage appointments’ from the main menu and follow the instructions.

Better Customer Credit Management

This is related mainly to deleting appointments and having customer credit automatically updated. A few people had asked about this and - sorry! - I had misunderstood the area they were talking about.

You can delete customer appointments on the ‘manage appointments’ page as well as the customer page. Both now will automatically refund the customer for any credits they used to buy the original appointment. Sorry for the confusion!

Calendar Visibility Update

If the setting ‘customers cannot book further than X days / hours before the appointment’ is set then now, optionally, you can make the timeslot available to book at the beginning of the day on which it becomes available.

I hope that’s helpful to people, any feedback is always welcome!

James

1 Like